But one thing I've learned about the indie publishing business is that if you don't stay visible, readers forget and move on. Maybe a lot already have...
I'm working hard on Book 3 of the Heart Series because I'm determined to finish Ileana's journey -- and like Ileana, I finish what I start. I plan to finish and publish the final chapter of the Heart Series this year. There are things the characters have yet to reveal, but I'm prying and prodding and getting the them to spill the beans. So in between teaching, I write. I revise. I read HMH and BMH. Take myself back to the beginning, retrace their steps in search of clues, visit their lives as a spectator -- as the readers would.
It's difficult to be all things: writer, character, reader. It's a delicate balancing act, and it takes practice to achieve. Everyday is homework, every scene a juggling act. But I forge on.
Meanwhile, I'm staying active as an author. For those who know me, introvert is thy name.
- March 17, 2017: Ohio University Lancaster Celebrate Women Conference (Lancaster, OH)
- I'll be leading a panel titled, "Pursue you passion: Advocating for you." I'll talk about my experience in transforming my passion for reading into publishing my books.
- OUL Celebrate Women Conference
- July 15, 2017: For the Love of Books & Florida Book Signing (Sarasota, FL)
- October 14, 2007: For the Love of Books & Chicago Signing (St. Charles, IL)
We can plan all we like. Then life happens.
So, there you have it. I look forward to meeting you this year, and will do my best not to sound like the pajama-loving introvert I really am.
And now, back to work. Book 3 of The Heart Series isn't gonna write itself...(God, I wish!)
Thank you so much readers, from the bottom of my Heart! Until next time.