Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO, AND WHAT'S COMING UP.

I haven't blogged for a while. Why? Maybe because in my head, putting my thoughts into the void of social media feels like the tree in the forest analogy...you know the one.
But one thing I've learned about the indie publishing business is that if you don't stay visible, readers forget and move on. Maybe a lot already have...
 But for those of you who are still around? Thank you so much for your support!
 I'm working hard on Book 3 of the Heart Series because I'm determined to finish Ileana's journey -- and like Ileana, I finish what I start. I plan to finish and publish the final chapter of the Heart Series this year. There are things the characters have yet to reveal, but I'm prying and prodding and getting the them to spill the beans. So in between teaching, I write. I revise. I read HMH and BMH. Take myself back to the beginning, retrace their steps in search of clues, visit their lives as a spectator -- as the readers would.

It's difficult to be all things: writer, character, reader. It's a delicate balancing act, and it takes practice to achieve. Everyday is homework, every scene a juggling act. But I forge on.

Meanwhile, I'm staying active as an author. For those who know me, introvert is thy name.
For those readers who've met me, they might have noticed I don't do crowds, or networking, or socialize much -- which in terms of indie publishing, it could be career suicide. So, this year I'm venturing outside my cave in between teaching and writing:
  • March 17, 2017: Ohio University Lancaster Celebrate Women Conference (Lancaster, OH)
    • I'll be leading a panel titled, "Pursue you passion: Advocating for you." I'll talk about my experience in transforming my passion for reading into publishing my books. 
    •  OUL Celebrate Women Conference  
  •  October 14, 2007: For the Love of Books & Chicago Signing (St. Charles, IL)
I'm hoping to make them all. As we all know, we can plan until the cows come home, but life likes to throw wrenches into our semi-well oiled machine of existence.
We can plan all we like. Then life happens.
So, there you have it. I look forward to meeting you this year, and will do my best not to sound like the pajama-loving introvert I really am.

And now, back to work. Book 3 of The Heart Series isn't gonna write itself...(God, I wish!)
Thank you so much readers, from the bottom of my Heart! Until next time.

2 comments: